[jdom-interest] JDOM 1.x release schedule

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Wed Jan 25 06:42:27 PST 2012

Hi All.

Given the bug fix pending in the JDOM 1.1.x stream I believe a new release
of the JDOM 1.1.x is required.

On the other hand I do not want to be releasing 1.1.x versions for every
issue that arises.

I think a compromise schedule is viable, and it goes something like this:

1. build the current JDOM 1.x stream with the current bug fix in it and
post it on the github download page. Call it
2. if any additional bug fixes are needed another hotfix package will be
3. at some fixed point in time we schedule a formal 1.1.3 release that
contains all the fixes.
4. if any bug comes up that is considered to be 'critical' an
earlier-than-schedule release could be made.

In this case, I think 1st March 2012 is a good candidate date... 5 weeks
from now.

Later today I will build the current JDOM 1.x code base as
JDOM.1.1.x.hotfix.2012.01.25 and I will post it to github.
If any other issues arise I will create hotfix updates to address them.
On March 1st I will rebuild the JDOM code again as 1.1.3 and do the formal
release process to www.jdom.org as well as maven-central.

Does this sound like a viable process?


More information about the jdom-interest mailing list